It’s not really hard to choose the right tiles for a small bathroom. Just considering the effects of colors, patterns and tile sizes will help you pick the right one for your room. If you are planning for an upcoming remodeling, read on and get these helpful tips.
1. Just like the effects of your clothes’ colors on your body, bright colors make small rooms bigger while dark colors make them looker smaller. If you already have a small bathroom, I suggest choosing light shades to make it look bigger.
2. When considering patterns, make sure that it’s not overwhelming. Choose a pattern that will blend well with the theme of the room — or your house for that matter. Instead of applying the pattern all over the walls, why not do half of your walls only? Leave the other half for a simple paint to again, add height to the room.
3. Use bigger tiles for the floor. Small tiles will only make the bathroom appear smaller. They are also even harder to clean as compared to bigger tiles. However, know that small tiles will be easier to install around curves and corners.
4. Choose a grout color that will compliment or blend well with the tiles. You don’t want to make their combination look awkward.
5. There are several types of tiles available in the market: travertine, ceramic, stone, marble, slate, etc. Choose one that will be easy for you to install and maintain.
6. As always, high cost doesn’t necessarily mean quality and low cost doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the best deal. Only buy from a reputed supply shop and get their opinion on what’s the best brand and type of tiles to buy.
7. There are instances when tiles get cold if they’re installed directly on concrete. If you don’t have a radiator in the room and want to keep the flooring warm, consider installing undertile heating. It’s more efficient and cost-effective than having a radiator.
8. When still in doubt, consult an expert.
I hope that my tips on how to choose the best bathroom tile ideas for small bathrooms in Miami FL are helpful enough for you. To ensure that your bathroom tiles will remain beautiful over the years, also read about how to maintain your ceramic bathroom tiles. Should you need help with bathroom remodeling, visit www.Florida.Plumbers911.com to schedule a service call now.
Learn 11 easy style tricks that will make your bathroom look prettier! Watch this video now from Nest TV.